Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Happy Birthday!


Hey all!



And let me just say a giant Happy Birthday to Torquere Press Inc! 


Okay, now that I've got that out of the way, don't get me wrong, it's important, it's just that I'm not firing on all cylinders yet. Some of you probably know this *sigh*  I invariably end up not going to sleep before 5:00AM, so naturally, I'm not a morning person. Well, I'm a sleep-mornings person, but that's not the same, is it?

For anyone interested, Banana are bopping along with "You Can Call Me Al" while Baker tries desperately to keep time and not fall off his perch. That would be easier for him if his perch wasn't a little airplane that moves when he does. He's a little, feathered nut. 

So, what's everyone doing today? I'm trying to write, which is great--that's how I pay the bills. But I've earned all sorts of little writing jobs, both paid and no-money-to-speak-of jobs. Sometimes it's like being pecked to death by a duck. Just in case you've never been pecked by a duck--that really, really hurts. Sometimes ducks aren't very nice.

Putting aside my never-ending quest to get caught up and find the miricale of organizarion --it's out there, I know it is!--what would you like to do today? Is anyone interested in a new chapter to A Roaming Heart?

Before I forget, let me throw in a few plugs here. 

New joiners to one or the other of my blogs: http://jjmassawriter.blogspot.com or http://jjmassawriter.wordpress.com are still up for a $5 Amazon Gift Certificate. There's a huge author part --and an end-of-summer bash--all taking place on or around September 22. 

The Bash:  End of Summer Bash @ TRS 9/19-9/22   http://trsparties.com 

The Huge Party, called Let’s Talk About Love, Sex, and Books chat on September 22:
Leontii Holender
Faith Luna
Emerald  Orchid
Cindy Jacks
Jana Downs
Ashley Marie Lucas
J.J. Massa
W. Lynn Chantale.
Mae Powers
Tilly Greene
Rhonda Lee Carver
Ella Jade
Sultry Summers
Devyn Quinn
Denysé Bridger
  
And that's it for now. But if you want more of the story, A Roaming Heart, let me know. Here's the last few paragraphs of what we have so far:


Anyhow, here we go--A Roaming Heart (name chosen by SexKitten426) 


 let me know how you like this guy for Lucian

The instant they passed through the door of their shared office, Lucian seized Mason's bicep, jerking and then pushing, slamming him against the wall next to the door. At the same time, he kicked the door closed, denying interruptions.

"What is it?" he hissed. Mason's wide-eyed start of surprise showed a hint of fear. "You are bothered. With me. Why?" Lucian rapped out.

"Uh, yeah, no, um…" Mason stammered, swallowing heavily, his eyes dropping to Lucian's mouth and then down. His leg twitched a bit where Lucian's thigh and knee braced it firmly against the wall.

Anger flared briefly, enough to fuel a dark and deadly glare of promised suffering--a look he'd seen many times on the face of the battle-numbed face of his hand-to-hand combat instructor. While he never intended to develop such an expression, the officer had taken Lucian aside and encouraged it.

"You have suffered, your parents are dead, all of your family. When I see anger in your face, sometimes I see violence there as well. Use it. Frighten these other, larger, bragging idiots. Youcan kill, death has stopped in front of you."

After that little speech, Lucian took his advice to heart, employing it now in a way he'd never expected. "Talk," he growled, nauseas at the fear in Mason's eyes, though he believed this was necessary. They were embarking on a deadly mission. His partner's unusual anxiety with him could not be allowed.

"You're in love with me and you're--oh god--you're hot. What the fuck? I don't know what to do!"

That, he'd never expected. Stepping back in shock, Lucian turned away, distantly realizing that he'd let his partner crumple to the floor.

No comments: