Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Silk and Linen

Silk and linen - the fibers of luxury.  Smooth as silk, and as soft as linen - these are descriptions of sensuality.  In my last couple posts, I've talked about The Sensuality of Hair and Teeka’s Special Hair Tea Blend.  Today, I thought we'd talk about silk and linen.

I'm sure that if you have long hair, or short hair, or a lover with either one, you've used a large towel to towel dry your hair. Today we're going to throw a wrench in that whole plan.  Instead of using your big, fluffy, cotton towel, why not try using a beauty secret known since the time of the Pharaohs in Ancient Egypt?

First get about a yard of linen and a yard of silk fabric. You can find them at your local fabric store, and remember to check the remnant room for bargains.  If you don't live near a good fabric warehouse, try Vogue Fabrics.

Next, brush your hair as we discussed last time.  Then wash your hair gently and rinse with clean water.  Use the linen square to squeeze the excess water out of your hair, starting at the roots and moving to the tips.

Once your hair is try, brush it again. Then, using the silk cloth, bend over at the waist and buff your hair from the roots to the tips. The natural fibers of the silk will impart their sheen to your hair.  Very simple, yes? Try it and see.

Do you have a special beauty routine that you love? Tell me in the comments, I'd love to know.


-- 
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.”
- E.E. Cummings

My links: Blog | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Amazon | LinkedIn | Pandora 
Knoontime Knitting:  Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Ravelry
Noon and Wilder links: Blog | Website | Facebook
Evanston Writers Workshop: Blog | Website | Meetup | Forum | Facebook | Twitter | Annual Conference | ConTweets
Team Blogs: Nightlight | The Writers Retreat Blog | Beyond the Veil | LGBT Fantasy Fans and Writers

Check out EMERALD FIRE, available from Torquere Publishing.
Watch for "Taking a Chance," part of the forthcoming Charity Sips 2012 from Torquere Publishing, out September 12th.

4 comments:

Darla M Sands said...

Cool! I need to pick up some good routines.

A. Catherine Noon said...

I know, right? It's hard to figure out which ones to keep and which ones to discard, sometimes, though. But I love long, long hair. I wish mine would grow and grow and grow. I'll settle for a healthy head of hair. ~shrug~

Kissa Starling said...

Great tip!

A. Catherine Noon said...

Thanks, Kissa! I was intrigued by the silk when I first learned about it, because the idea that using a cloth to impart shine to the hair just seems so unusual. But I love stuff like this!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!