Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Author Extra: Ruby: Lost and Found by MD Grimm

Ruby: Lost and Found by MD Grimm

Morgorth is a mage on the planet Karishian. There is little he hates more
than the Stones of Power -- gemstones infused with magick by the first seven
mages ever born. So when a sorcerer gets hold of a major stone, a ruby,
Morgorth has no choice but to go after him. But, to his irritation, he is
not alone. Aishe is a dialen whose tribe was massacred by the sorcerer, and
is now on a mission of vengeance. The attraction is instant between them,
but Morgorth keeps his distance. Because of a traumatic childhood and a
deadly destiny, he has no desire for emotional complications. But Aishe's
very presence challenges Morgorth's resolve. 

Not only does Morgorth begin to admire Aishe's strength and intelligence,
but he begins to see Aishe as a friend. As their hunt continues and their
time together lengthens, their bond deepens, as does Morgorth's fear. If he
becomes the monster that destiny claims he will, will he hurt Aishe? Will he
harm the one person who sees right through him? Who accepts him
wholeheartedly? Determined to not let that happen, Morgorth keeps Aishe at a
distance, but when Aishe is kidnapped by the sorcerer, what will Morgorth do
to get him back?

Find out today:
http://www.torquerebooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=78_89&products_id=3644

Author Extra: 

I was nervous. I hated it when I was nervous. But I've never given a gift
before, and what would I do if he didn't like it? But why wouldn't he like
it? 

Sighing, I walked into one of my parlors. The fire was blazing in the
hearth, and it was the only light given since it was dark outside. Shadows
danced everywhere as I walked over to the couch where Aishe lay, napping.

I touched his shoulder, and he slowly woke, stretching and sighing
contently. I had to smile. He was so damn beautiful. He opened his bright
green eyes and smiled at me.

"What time is it?" He asked.

"Late," I said vaguely. I decided to get this done very quickly. I sat down
on the edge of the couch and thrust the small bag into his hands. Aishe gave
a puzzled smile as he sat up. He examined the bag which was nearly the color
of his eyes and he fingered the black drawstring.

"Well, thanks Morgorth," he said. "It's beautiful --"

"There's more to it," I said, and I grabbed a large book off the table. A
book that would never be able to fit into that bag. Normally, that is.

I made Aishe hold the bag up, and I stuffed the book inside. It slipped
inside and seemed to vanish. The bag didn't stretch around the book's girth,
it only rounded slightly, no longer looking empty, but not looking full
either.

"What --?" Aishe whispered, his eyes big.

"One of its kind," I said smugly. "Hard piece of magick, too. You can stuff
as much in that bag as you want, and it will always fit. It will never lose
its shape, and it will always be light and carry-able."

Aishe stared at me.

I shrugged. I had done major research on how to accomplish that, and I would
have to "recharge" the bag's crystal, which lay inside it. The crystal acted
like a battery, and I had poured the complicated pieces of magick into it.
The bag would work as long as I kept pumping energy into the crystal.

"It's good on journeys," I said, a little unnerved by Aishe's silence. When
my mate said nothing, I started to fidget.

"I mean, if you don't like it --" I hedged, feeling disappointed.

Aishe surged forward and kissed me hard, gripping the bag in his hand.

"I love it," Aishe said, his eyes naked with adoration. "Thank you."

I grinned, relieved. "You're welcome."

No comments: