Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Losing time

For the last six weeks or so, I've lost my Thursdays. It can be a normal week, and Friday arrives and I get into Friday mode and I do Friday things. At some point I realize that it's really Thursday and not Friday. I check with a calendar, with the computer. Yes, it is Thursday. No matter how much I remind myself of this, though, the feeling persists that it's actually Friday. It only happens on Thursdays and its only been happening for about six weeks, but its starting to make me a bit crazy.

Does this happen to anyone else? How else do you find yourself 'losing time'?

All comments on any of my posts today will go into a pot and I'll draw a winner tomorrow sometime. The prize is a $5 gift certificate for Torquere Press.

Sean Michael
smut fixes everything
www.seanmichaelwrites.com

7 comments:

Donna said...

It seems to me that time is moving faster. I can't believe we are halfway through 2012. I mean, didn't we just celebrate Hanukkah and Christmas?

Donna
donnafisk@bellsouth.net

Sean Michael said...

Yes, Donna, we just did. I swear it was only a few weeks ago, a month or two, tops. Oye.

Kristi P said...

I stay at home with my two young children, and I find that I really miss the march from Monday to Friday that occurred during school and while I was working after my degree. I lose lots of time because nothing really distinguishes one day from the next.

I really hope that changes when the kids get to school age.

Loveless3173 said...

It happens often! lol...
Usually I loose my Wednesday. lol... and It's usually cause I read until like 5am, almost always only on Tuesday so I get lost on which day it is because 'just a few hours ago' I was reading. So I think It's Thursday when It's Wednesday. lol...

Judi
arella3173_loveless(at)yahoo(dot)com

Jibriel said...

Yes it happens, mostly while I'm doing something that I enjoy or have a deadline that I have to meet. :)

Hope

Jibriel.O at web dot de

Lisa said...

I get my days mixed up all the time since I stay at home and no longer have to go to work anymore. Another reason is the fact that my husband has a rotating work schedule. This means that his days off change each week. It gets very confusing at times.

lkbherring64(at)gmail(dot)com

Sean Michael said...

Kristi -- that makes sense. I bet when they go to school it won't happen anymore.

LOL Judi -- that's an awesome reason to lose a day :)

Jibriel -- eww deadlines!

Lisa -- I can see where someone in the house with a rotating schedule would really help mix up your day sense!