Wednesday, June 13, 2012


Good morning~

I hope everyone is hanging in all right. I'm having one of those mornings. My sister had to get up at o-dark o'clock this morning and it was raining--she had to walk somewhere to meet her carpool. (so, I imagine her day is kind of sucking pretty badly) My niece had to get up about 2 hours after that, feed the dog, and then go off and catch her own bus.  (Not a happy camper there, either) 

What's my problem? My face hurts. My neighbor and good friend, Tom, says it hurts him more to look at it . He's a delightful man, really.  Actually, it seems to be easing up a bit, since the weather's cooling outside. MS is crazy that way.

But during all of the ins and outs of my morning, folks came to the door, setting the birds and my sister's dog off. No more sleep for me. Hey, sleep is a curative. It's not lazy, it's medicinal…Actually, it's a moot point now, since I'm up.

Just for fun, Bear, my sister's dog just tried to lunge at the cart-guy. He's the guy who drives a golf cart around our complex to do maintenance and aggravate the dog. Bear learned that there's a screen in the door--which didn't stop her, but did slow her down. It also took the screen out and caused me to hang up on the first human voice on the phone --I've been trying to call this place and talk to someone since Monday and been getting a machine. *sigh*  Such is life, huh?

I got the screen back in, which is no easy feat when you're in a wheelchair on the inside of the sliding door --as opposed to being on the outside where it's much easier to slide the thing in, but is also a  foot and a half drop, so I can't go out there.

Okay, enough of my whining. 

I'll stop in later and see how you're doing. For now, I'm going to point out a couple of books (NOT MINE) that are on sale and caught my attention. These are  real codpiece-rippers.
Anyone who comments enters a drawing to  win or the other of these books:



Starting at: $2.99  $2.39
Save: 20% off
by Julia Talbot
When Darien Keane is set off his pirate ship on a deserted island in the West Indes, he fully expects to die. Injured and wishing for death, he falls asleep, only to wake and find he is not alone. Francois Le Blanc is surprised to find Darien on his shores, and even more surprised when he hears what Darien has to tell him. The year is 1793, nearly one hundred and fifty years after he lost his own ship to a mutiny. Together, Francois and Darien work to solve the mystery of where they are and how they could possibly be in the same part of the world and in different times. They work just as hard to avoid their attraction to each other, which seems doomed to fail from the start. Can they survive each other, and their own pirate's paradise?




The Butcher and The Beast
Starting at: $4.99 $3.99
Save: 20% off
by Sean Michael


Stephen is a doctor, a practical man who wishes his sister wouldn't worry so about the pirates that plague their island home. So it's ironic that Stephen himself is set upon by just those pirates, who carry him off to heal their wounded captain.

John is a pirate Captain, master of his fate, and used to getting what he wants. And he decides he wants Stephen, even when the good doctor wants nothing more than to run away from him. Can the beast convince the doctor the sailors call the butcher to stay with him?


No comments: