Tanned by BA Tortuga
Danny knows being the grandson of the ranch owner, and a college boy at that, is not going to make him popular with the rest of the cowboys. What's worse is his cousin spreading the word that he's gay, too. Cary thinks Danny
is a lazy city boy. That has to be why everyone is so down on him. When Cary finds out the problem is Danny's sexual orientation, he knows he has to stand up for the man. Can Cary convince Danny he understands more than
anyone else knows?
Find out today:
Granny's Apple Pie In Tanned, Danny brings the cowboys his Granny's famous apple pie. Enjoy, y'all!
Pastry for 2 crusts (recipe below)
8 cups sliced, peeled assorted baking apples - about 3 lbs. (Granny Smith,
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 Tablespoons butter
1 egg yolk
1 Tablespoon milk
1. In a large bowl, toss the sliced apples with lemon juice.
2. Combine sugars, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to apples and toss well to coat.
3. Fill pastry lined 9 inch pie pan with apple mixture. Dot with butter.
4. Place second crust on top of pie filling, cut slits in top of crust to vent. Seal the edges of the crust with a fork or by hand.
5. In a small bowl, beat the egg yolk and milk. Brush mixture over top crust.
6. Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.
7. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake 40-45 minutes more or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly.
Flaky Pastry Pie Crust Recipe
Makes two 9-inch pie crusts
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, chilled and diced
1/2 cup ice water
1. Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl.
2. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Stir in the ice water, a Tablespoon at a time, until the crust mixture forms a ball.
4. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
5. Sprinkle flour onto rolling surface. Roll dough out, then divide in half. Roll each half to fit a 9-inch pie plate.
6. Place crust in pie plate, pressing evenly into the bottom and sides.