Monday, May 21, 2012

Summer's here, plans for Memorial day, and a contest

*leans* 

Howdy, y'all!

Lord, it's been a crazy spring and summer isn't gearing up to be particularly lazy. 

The puppies have discovered the San Gabriel river, the birds have discovered the 9 bird feeders and 3 bird baths in the yard. The bunnies and squirrels found the corn feeder and all the cactus (yes, I know it's cacti, but that's so blasted pretentious-sounding...) are growing wildly.

We having a low, low key Memorial Day this year -- we're definitely grilling out. We'll do steaks on Friday and chicken breasts on Saturday, but I need to ponder maybe doing a brisket for Memorial Day proper. Doesn't that sound good? Brisket, potato salad, layer salad and cherry pie?

Dude, I think I made a plan.

Julia Talbot and I got together and we're starting a big long summer contest for the choice between a Nook or a Kindle Fire. All you have to do to be entered is to enter one of our other contests -- here, on our blogs, on Facebook or Twitter or our monthly newsletter.

For today, though, I'm giving away a signed copy of one of my print books -- just comment here, let me know which one you'd like, and I'll choose someone randomly tomorrow. 

I hope y'all have a good one, that you get to see something this week that makes you smile, and that y'all hear a song that you have to sing along with. 

*kisses*

BA Tortuga

http://www.batortuga.com

Because sometimes fistfights are foreplay. ;-)

7 comments:

Emme Adams said...

Oooh, that's sounds like a good holiday spread. What time should I come over on Fri, Sat and Monday? I could provide the paper plates and napkins. hehehe.

Pick me, pick me! I'd love to have a paperback version of Chasing Flame to donate to the library where I work.

Loveless3173 said...

Ooh~ That sounds great! Can't wait to find out when and were. lol...
ah, thank you so much for the contest!! :D

Mm, I'd love it if I could have Just Like Cats & Dogs in print! =D haha.. Many thanks again for this contest! :))

Judi
arella3173_loveless(at)yahoo(dot)com

Donna said...

I have to say your Memorial Day dinner plans sound great. Layered salad and cherry pie are two of my favorite things.

I would love to have Collars and Cuffs. Thanks for the contest.

Hugs,
Donna
donnafisk@bellsouth.net

Michelle said...

Layer salad? I haven't heard of that before (at least by that name) here in CA. My imagination likes the sound of it though. Please count me in on the contest. Thanks,

chellebee66 at gmail dot com

Michelle said...

oops i forgot to say I would like the read Fur and Fang..Thanks


chellebee66 at gmail dot com

BA Tortuga said...

Emme: Come on over. :D We'll open an extra bottle of wine.

Loveless: Smack dab in the center of Texas. :D

Donna: Thanks! I love cherry pie.

Michelle: Layer salad is just like it sounds -- one layer of veggies after another. I'll put the recipe up on my personal blog next week.

BA Tortuga said...

Congrats, Donna! Julia picked your name. If you'll email me at batortuga at gmail dot com with a mailing address, I'll get your book sent!