Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Lost in My Waking Dream by Charlie Cochet

Hello all!

My newest release is a short story that's a little... different. It's set in the 1930s, but has a little extra something, namely a little bit of Science Fiction. It's sweet, a little sad, sexy, and offers a lovely happily ever after.


Here's the blurb, a sneaky peak excerpt, and if you leave a comment anytime today, you can enter to win a free copy of Lost In My Waking Dream.  (Closes at Midnight EST time)

** Please note: Make sure to leave your email address where you would like to be notified and have your story sent should you win. The winner will be chosen at random and posted tomorrow on my blog to give everyone a fair chance, and also because other authors will be posting here after the deadline and I don't want to step on their toes. :D



Blurb:


George Fitzpatrick is a troubled man and former soldier from the Great War. Ever since his return, fifteen years ago, George has been hearing another man’s voice in his head, bringing him to question himself and his reality. His engagement to his fiancĂ©e has steadily been going from bad to worse, and with every passing day, George is finding it more and more difficult to deny his long-buried urges and the feelings brought about by a man he's never laid eyes on. Is it all in George's head, or is there something more behind Noah Baxter, the man whose soothing voice invades George's dreams and his heart?  


Excerpt:


He set his clothes to rights and I did the same with mine. When he turned around -- a sad smile on his face -- for the slightest instant, it was Noah, and I couldn't help but touch his cheek.

"Where is he?" Teddy asked softly, his voice shattering the last remnants of my illusion. His was a kind voice, but it wasn't my Noah's.

"Somewhere I can't reach," I replied, getting a hold of myself before I started to feel any more miserable. I had enough troubles without adding melancholia to my list of ailments.

Teddy nodded his understanding, though I'm certain his conclusion was nowhere near the truth, nor as unfathomable. "You know," he said as he helped me into my overcoat and smoothed out my vest, "out of all of them, you are by far my favorite. You're a good man. I can see it in your eyes."

I swallowed hard and smiled. I'm certain he said such things to his other men, but I appreciated the sentiment. Compliments didn't tend to come my way often, so I took them where I could. "Thank you, Teddy." I took my hat from him and paid him his usual fee. With a tender kiss to my lips, Teddy backed away. "Don't give up. You'll get to your Noah someday." Then he was gone. I stood there in the middle of the shadowy enclosure, enjoying the silence and brief moment of peace, wishing with all my heart that what Teddy had said could somehow be possible.




Remember to leave a comment for a chance to win. The winner will be posted tomorrow on my blog, but I will also notify the winner via email, so don't forget to include yours in your comment if you want to enter. Thanks!


Available here: http://www.torquerebooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=79_93&products_id=3579



Charlie's website: www.charliecochet.com
Blog: http://charliecochet.blogspot.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/charliecochet
Twitter: @charliecochet

7 comments:

Tracy Faul said...

Yay! Can't wait to read it!

(tracykitn AT yahoo.com)

Charlie Cochet said...

Hi Tracy! Thank you so much, and thanks for stopping by and commenting. Hope you're having a lovely morning!

Lana A said...

I'm currently reading The Amethyst Cat Caper and loving it!
Please count me in, if it's anything like the book I'm reading, then I'd love to have it!

anzuazura at yahoo DOT de

Charlie Cochet said...

Hi Lana! It's written in the same style, just has a little twist of sci-fi in it. So glad you're enjoying The Amethyst Cat Caper! Thank you so much for letting me know and for stopping by! ^__^

Anonymous said...

It sounds intriguing! I'm a little tender these days, so I'm happy there's an HEA...

vitajex(at)aol(dot)com

Charlie Cochet said...

Don't you worry, I couldn't leave my fellas without their happily ever after. ;)

Charlie Cochet said...

Thank you all so much for stopping by, I really appreciate you taking out the time to do so. You'll be receiving an email from me soon. ;)