Thursday, January 26, 2012

Lydia Nyx taking over the blog today!

Hello everyone! I'm Lydia Nyx and I'll be popping in throughout today. I'm going to tell you about some of the works I have published with Torquere and give a few things away. Torquere has published both of my full-length novels, which are radically different from each other. I tend to write a little bit of everything: from urban fantasy and paranormal, to traditional romance and erotica, to historical and dystopian. I can't seem to settle on one genre. But hey, I like to think that means a little something for everyone!

So without further ado, allow me to show off my two (very different) novels, both available from Torquere Press:


FROM MOROCCO TO PARIS (erotica/romance)
Zane Reed wants to be a movie director, but first he has to learn the ropes by taking every crap job in the industry. Employed as personal assistant to actor Elliot Butler, Zane hopes to further his education when Elliot works with famed director Saul Brennan on an epic movie about Napoleon Bonaparte. However, Zane gets an education in something else entirely when he meets Davey Alexander, one of the production's costumers.
Davey, vivacious and erotically-charged, shakes reluctant, sexually-confused Zane down to his core. The two begin a torrid affair which leaves Zane wrestling with demons from his past as much as wrestling with Davey in the sheets. Zane's feelings for Davey grow beyond base lust but the two can't get it together as Davey is tempestuously strong-willed and Zane is tortuously repressed. During filming, from Morocco, to Cairo, to Paris, the two struggle with desire and muddled emotions. In the end, Zane will have to overcome--and define--himself, if he wants to keep the most intriguing, passionate man he's ever known from walking out of his life.

BLACK SHORE OF THE WHITE CITY (urban fantasy)

Jude Coffin enjoys the finer things in life: an exceptional wine, a good whiskey, non-menthol cigarettes, and a cute guy with a great ass. Despite being a Siren—an 'aural captivator' for the supernaturally PC—he doesn't like paranormal politics, paranormal science, and certainly not paranormal activists.

Despite this, Jude and his similarly supernaturally-endowed twin brother Jason are lured to Chicago, to undergo study at the controversial Institute of Supernatural Research. Jude remembers why he stays away from the paranormal world when shortly after their arrival the Institute takes his brother hostage. His only hope of getting him back is enlisting the help of Micha Bellevue, Chicago's leading paranormal advocate, and Sam Haain, fiery, possibly insane paranormal supremacist. Tangled up with these two clashing—but decidedly sexy—personalities, Jude gets a look at Chicago he never wanted: a city at war with itself, full of angry supernatural people, conspiracy, and murder.

I've built a whole world for this book (which is the first in a series), and you can check it out here. There's lots of extras, tidbits, excerpts, character sketches, and even some artwork!




See something you like? Are you all about sexy romance, or do you like things that go bump in the night? I'll be giving away a copy of either book--winner's choice--to someone today. All you have to do is comment on any one of my posts today, that simple! I'll choose a winner from the commenters at random. Good luck!


Lydia Nyx online: http://www.lydianyx.com/
Lydia's blog: http://lydianyx.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Kristi B. said...

Definitely like bump in the night but bump in the night with sexy romance entangled is better.

Liz said...

Do I admit I'm posting just 'cause I'd love a chance to win a book? ;-)

I do love traditional contemporaries, but a bit of properly done "bump in the night" can really spice things up!

Lydia Nyx said...

Thanks, Kristi and Liz! I too am overly fond of 'bump in the night.' After all, there's a lot more than scary things that bump in the dark... ;)

tracykitn said...

I remember that I really loved From Morocco to Paris, but I'm also admitting that it's been a while. Maybe I'm due a re-read (it would certainly be more exciting than what I'm currently doing -- besides procrastinating on the internet -- which is sorting through my kids' toys and books.)

Lydia Nyx said...

Aw, thank you Tracy! I'm glad reading it sounds like more fun than sorting! *LOL*