Monday, December 19, 2011

Happy Holidays

Missouri here (first time caller long time reader) and well, it's the nineteenth, and I have managed to injure myself a dozen ways this holiday season. That's why it's important to be safe this Christmas. Use potholders, wear mittens, and don't forget about the all important jumper cables. Because getting stuck by the side of the road sucks.

Christmas season isn't entirely ridden with accident potential. It's also a great time to get together with friends and family, share stories and read new authors, and even new series by old authors.

Coming in February is the first book of the Night Wars, The Hanged Man's Ghost which follows some characters you'll recognize from Fiends in Low Places and Poisoned Spirits. I'm very excited. Gaze away at the pretty cover art.

And in the spirit of Christmas, I've decided to share something with everyone.

It's my recipe for snack mix, which do to my inability not to eat, is only made during the Christmas season, or special occasions.

8 cups cereal of choice (I prefer Crispix)
1/2 tbs garlic powder
1/2 tbs onion powder
1 tbs season salt
5 tbs Worcestershire
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp hot sauce
1/4 cup of butter
1 cup peanuts
1 cup super thin pretzel sticks


Melt butter, mix seasonings, pour on cereal, pretzel and peanuts, mix bake for 30-45 minutes stirring every 15 minutes  until dry through out.

I like my mix a bit zesty.

No comments: