Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Micro-interview: Lydia Nix

Question 1: How did you choose the plot and characters of your story for the Charity Sip Blitz?
Originally I had another idea in mind, something a bit more fantastical, but it didn't work out, so I just used some of the same characters and themes for a different story. I wanted to write something focusing on the current issues of gay rights and try to portray those issues in a future where things are more positive.

Question 2: Why did you decide to participate in the Charity Sip Blitz?
I think it's a wonderful idea, and a great way for me as an author to contribute my skills to something worthwhile.

Question 3: Does the theme, It Gets Better, have any personal significance for you?
I have a lot of gay friends and I'm so glad to see things really are getting better for them--we still have a long walk to take to get to the civil rights that all human beings deserve no matter their sexuality, but at least we're starting to take the first steps.

Find Lydia Nix's Miracle on LaSalle Street at Torquere Press or our sponsor, Rainbow Ebooks

No comments: