Friday, July 22, 2011

Flashback Friday -- Redemption's Ride

Hey, y'all!

I was tickled as anything to get to promo one of my older titles.

Redemption's Ride is one of the few Old West books I've put out, and the only Old West Paranormal that I've done. The whole book started with the question (asked over margaritas at a little Mexican restaurant in Grand Junction, Colorado, believe it or not), "what if there was a preacher, a mute Indian, a farting Englishman, a three-legged dog, and Fred the Wonder Horse?"

The answer, of course, is: I'd give them a hell hound with a guilt complex and a past that's hunting his running ass. ;-)

Thus Redemption's Ride was born.

It is one of the few books that I've written that still makes me cry, every time. (There are two others -- prize packs for anyone who guesses who they are.)

Here's the official info:

138 pages / 45000 words
ISBN: 1-934166-18-9, 978-1-934166-18-5
Available file types - html, lit, pdf, prc, paperback

Reformed from his days as a bank robber and killer, Preacher rides the badlands with his crew of misfits, doing God's work and spreading the good word. Despite his friends, which include a three-legged dog, a mute Apache and a flatulent Englishman, he gets lonely on the trail, so it seems a gift from above when Hawk shows up.

Hawk is a scarred cowboy with a past he can't remember, and he thinks Preacher might be the answer to the itch he can't quite scratch. Together, with the help of their friends and Hawk's amazing horse Fred, they face an evil like the world has never seen. Can they survive Redemption's Ride?

Available here.

Thanks, y'all!

BA Tortuga

http://www.batortuga.com

Rednecks and Romance -- because sometimes fistfights are foreplay

3 comments:

Julia said...

rats-- I can't guess because I know!

Kristi said...

Rain and Whiskey

and

Latigo

Love that more of your books are on Amazon lately! Thanks for the great characters.

Kristi said...

Oh...I just remembered File Gumbo. That one gets me no matter how many times I read it. Of course, so do the other two. It's so fun to have books I can read over and over again.