Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Texting and other strange things

Hey, y'all - those of you who like the weird, funny and strange - have you discovered the wonders of autocorrect on texting? One of our Torquere authors posted a few weeks ago about a site called www.damnyouautocorrect.com and I've become hooked. (I subscribed to the RSS.) The seriously crazy leaps the autocorrect takes can be hilarious and frightening. *shudders*

Now, I've found, thanks to Chris at www.stumblingoverchaos.com, a couple more sites:

http://wrongnumbertexts.com and http://parentsshouldnttext.com

Check out the YouTube video on Wrong Number of Justin Long (LOVED him in Live Free or Die Hard) talking with Jimmy Kimmel about the strange text saga he had with a tween. Pretty funny!

What about y'all? What crazy autocorrects have you endured?

5 comments:

Chris said...

I don't text, so I miss out on all the humor, alas. :(

JM Cartwright said...

No TV, no texting... what are we to do with you?

I happily confess, I'm addicted to my iPhone. You've got to try it!

Chris said...

I don't think I want to be THAT connected. :) And it would cut into my book reading time!

luciatea said...

I don't make a lot of mistakes while texting anymore, because I always check what I type. I had a period I always had some strange autocorrect problems, and since then I always try to look again at what I type :P Thanks for the sites, sometimes I don't understand them, but that is because English isn't my mother language :) Are the autocorrect problems on those sites real, or is it some sport now to think them out yourself?

JM Cartwright said...

From what I can tell, the autocorrects are actual uploads. I've seen crazy, goofy things but they look like the real deal.

*big grin*