Monday, December 13, 2010

Contemporary Novel Excerpt

Hello folks! My name is Lydia Nyx. Since today is contemporary day, I'm going to share a little snippet from my upcoming, first novel with Torquere Press, From Morocco to Paris. I don't have a release date yet, but I look forward to having it out sometime in the new year. Here's a blurb to give you an idea what it's about:

Zane Reed wants to be a director; to break into the movie industry he's taking every crap job he can--including personal assistant to actor Elliot Butler on an epic film directed by the famed Saul Brennan. Zane hopes to get an education in film-making by observing Saul in his element. What he doesn't count on is getting an education in something else entirely when he meets Davey Alexander, one of the production's costumers. Davey, a vivacious, erotically-charged creature, quickly sets about shaking reluctant, sexually-confused Zane down to his core. The two begin a torrid, scintillating affair which leaves Zane wrestling with demons from his past as much as wrestling with Davey in the sheets.

Zane eventually finds himself directing, not a movie, but a love affair. His feelings for Davey grow beyond base desire but the two can't seem to get it together, as Davey is tempestuously strong-willed and Zane is tortuously repressed. From Morocco, to Cairo, to Paris, the two struggle with ups and downs fueled by lust and muddled emotions. In the end Zane will have to overcome--and define--himself, if he wants to keep the most intriguing, passionate man he has ever known from walking out of his life.

Now here's a very smutty little (unedited) excerpt, in which Zane and Davey have a discussion about a certain 'activity.' Enjoy!

Night came on, the sky over the water filling with stars. The beach seemed to shrink until just the objects within the circle of firelight existed, the people beyond shadows in the night. Davey rested on his side, his head propped on his hand near Zane’s knee. The light picked out blond highlights in his hair, gathered in a loose ponytail at his neck. Zane had a blanket around his shoulders to fend off the chilly air.

“Do you think there was anything they didn’t do back then that we do now?” Davey circled his fingertips idly around the mouth of his beer bottle, staring into the fire. “I mean, sexually. Do you think anything was taboo?”

“Why don’t you get a book or something?” Zane stared into the fire as well, heavy and drowsy from the beer.

“They don’t put things like that in books. Anything people would actually want to read they don’t include.” Davey stretched his arm out and put his head down on his forearm. His hand brushed Zane’s foot.

“I don’t know,” Zane said. “When I think of Napoleon Bonaparte, my first desire isn’t to know whether or not the men in his army gave each other rim jobs.”

“Mmm,” Davey murmured. “That sounds good.”

Zane looked down at him. His own beer finished, he had half a mind to steal Davey’s bottle rather than get up for another one. “What sounds good?” Zane asked.

“A nice, slow, sloppy rimming.”

“I don’t believe I phrased it that way.” He looked across the fire. Elliot and Cristiano sat close together on a blanket, talking quietly. Zane looked down at Davey again. He flicked his ear, causing him to jump and yelp, giving Zane the perfect opportunity to snatch his beer.

“Hey!” Davey rolled onto his back, scowling at him. “I spit in that!”

Zane took a drink and then lowered the bottle, licking his lips. “So? I’ve kissed you.”

“I pissed in it.”

“Really, when did you do that? You’ve been here the whole time.”

Davey sighed and shifted. He rested the back of his head on Zane’s thigh. “I jerked off in it, actually.”

“Pretty moot at this point too.”

Davey folded his hands on his stomach and relaxed against him. Zane kept his beer and pushed at his head, murmuring, “Don’t.”

“Why?” Davey swiveled and looked up at him, his eyes catching the firelight.

“There’s a bunch of people around.”

“So?”

“So, it looks weird.”

“No, when you stick your dick in my ass it looks weird. We’re just being friendly.”

Zane shook his head but didn’t try to push him off again. He didn’t know why Davey’s behavior made him nervous. No one paid any attention to them and Elliot and Cristiano were being far more couple-y. Maybe he was still a little ticked Davey had blabbed right after promising he wouldn’t say anything.

“I think it’s a shit double standard,” Davey said. “Girls can cuddle and goof off and no one thinks anything of it. Men are too uptight.”

“Maybe.”

“Not maybe, really.” Davey looked down, plucking his t-shirt. “But once you’ve stuck your dick in me Zane, you’re not allowed to use the ‘it looks gay’ card with me anymore.”

“Noted.”

Zane finished off Davey’s beer. Cristiano and Elliot were laughing about something. Them, probably. After a few minutes, Davey sat up and turned so he faced Zane, looking him in the eye. His hair had started to come out of the ponytail.

“You wanna?” Davey asked.

Zane stared at him. His long, dark lashes cast shadows on his cheeks in the flickering light.

“Wanna…what?”

“What we were talking about earlier.”

Zane frowned in confusion. He wondered if he was talking about lubrication.

Davey rolled his eyes. “Rimming? Now that you brought it up, you’ve got me wanting it.”

Zane sputtered, glad he wasn’t drinking the beer anymore. “Huh?”

“You want me to say it in French?”

Zane opened and closed his mouth. He could handle the request one of several ways—with indignation, disgust, or humor. He decided to be honest instead. “I’ve never done it before,” he admitted. “Isn’t it kinda—you know,” he winced, “dirty?”

Davey smacked him hard on the arm and Zane yelped. “What the hell!”

“That’s for saying I’m dirty!”

“I didn’t say you were dirty!” Elliot and Cristiano looked their way and Zane lowered his voice, “Just the act, you know.”

“I’ll take a shower. I’ll make sure I’m nice and clean. I’ll even use the fruity bath stuff if it turns you on.”

Zane rubbed his arm. “But I told you, I’ve never—”

“Oh for the love of God.” Davey sat up on his knees, pushing his hair back. “It’s not hard. You lick. You stick your tongue out and lick. Really, it’s not rocket science.”

“Belligerence and mockery is not the way to get what you want.”

Davey sighed. Then he leaned forward. His breath ghosted hot and damp against the shell of Zane’s ear as he whispered, “If you do this for me, I’ll suck your cock so hard you’ll never want anyone else to blow you again. I’ll even swallow, if you assure me you’re clean. Or you can come on my face, or in my hair. Or both.”

Zane made a little sound and drew his knees up. His cock told him he needed to learn new things. His brain told him Davey would only bring trouble into his life. He already had. His cock told his brain to shut up or be lobotomized.

Davey drew back, darting his tongue out to wet his lips, so they shone in the firelight. His eyes were heavy-lidded. “Is that how you get what you want?” He asked, voice sultry.

“Let’s go back to the hotel.”


I'll be back for more fun on the rest of the Smutmas days! In the meantime, you can check me out at my website and get some more good stuff! Have a great day!

1 comment:

Carole Cummings said...

Oh, my! That was some snippet. ;) I liked Zane and Davey right away. Very nice job. I look forwad to the release. (Of the book, too. *snicker*)